Bioremediation is a waste management technique that involves the use of cultured bacteria to remove or neutralize hydrocarbon pollutants from a contaminated site. Bioremediation is a treatment that uses naturally occurring organisms “bacteria” to break down hazardous substances into non-toxic substances. Hydro-Gobbler is a bioremediation product designed specifically to break down hydrocarbon polluted soil. Hydro-Gobbler activates the natural bacteria of the specific area to help with the bioremediation process restoring the land faster to the original state. As a bonus, Hydro-Gobbler can be mixed in the appropriate quantity with GoSorb for spreading on the surface, and when lightly tilled into the soil the Bacterial action is accelerated in combination with the component fertiliser.
Methods of using Hydro-Gobbler
- In situ: This is where you treat the contaminated soil on site, where you dig out and remove the contaminated soil and place on bio pads to treat.
- In Africa this is the most prevalent method of bioremediation due to ease of application and cost efficiency. Hydro-Gobbler is a proven, cost-efficient and faster way in bioremediation projects to restore farm and other land to its original state. Hydro-Gobbler can be surface mixed with GoSorb as above for fast, shallow soil remediation.
Bioremediation With GoSorb
In situ Bioremediation.
- Bacteria to degrade oil.
- Bioremediation is accelerated.
- GoSorb stimulates growth, (contains fertiliser component).
- Combination with Hydro-Gobbler product.
- Agglomeration properties enhances reactivity.
- GoSorb properties enhanced when mixed with bacteria.
- Tilled into soil.
Storm Water Run-Off
When rainwater picks up and carries with it a wide variety of harmful pollutants.
- Leading source of water quality problem.
- Storm drains can be protected with GoSorb filled booms and pillows.
- Recovery of the oil pollutants is highly successful